QUICK LINKS TO UPCOMING EVENTS:
Register for Teacher Professional Development: https://southcarolina.csteachers.org/Stories/fall-cs-pd
Welcome to the STEM Center at The Citadel!
About the STEM Center
The STEM Center at The Citadel works to prepare students for the 21st-century workforce. A collaborative effort of The Citadel’s Schools of Education, Engineering, and Science & Mathematics, The STEM Center delivers outreach initiatives to increase P-20 student interest, participation, and opportunities in the STEM disciplines and develop innovative programming related to teacher preparation and professional development activities. The STEM Center also supports The Citadel’s efforts to produce more graduates who are poised to become successful leaders in the STEM fields.
The STEM Center’s mission is to promote interest and understanding of the STEM fields by employing research-based best practices to ensure all students P-20 are prepared to succeed in the 21st-century workforce.
We achieve our mission by:
- Employing community outreach programs to encourage and stimulate the interest of all students in the STEM disciplines
- Preparing effective teachers of STEM disciplines through robust professional development programs
- Supporting STEM undergraduate and graduate recruitment and retention initiatives at The Citadel
- Exploring partnerships to increase and strengthen the STEM workforce
- Partnering with the Lowcountry STEM Collaborative, which works to promote STEM literacy in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and beyond
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
If you would like to receive regular announcements about STEM Center activities and events, useful links, and national STEM news items, please send your contact information and request to The STEM Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Call to Action:
We invite members of the public to play a role in our efforts. Achieving excellence in the education of principled leaders, The Citadel welcomes your involvement with The STEM Center. Please consider engaging in our initiatives by volunteering your time or expertise, funding a program, or helping make contact with teachers and schools in our region. Send us an email or call us at any time.