The purpose of the Alternate Testing Pass Form is to help you and the Student Success Center better communicate about test administration. This instruction guide should answer most of your questions about the Alternative Testing Pass Form. However, please feel free to contact the Student Success Center at 953-5305.
Arranging to Take a Test at the Student Success Center
- The Student Success Center is open from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, Monday through Thursday, and from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm on Fridays. Students will not be allowed to start a test unless they have enough time to finish it (i.e., a student may not begin a 2-hour test at 9:00 pm). The amount of time needed to finish the test is based on the student’s accommodations.
- Students need to provide an accommodation letter to their faculty from Services for Students with Disabilities stating the need for testing accommodations.
- Appointments must be made in advance for students who need to take tests in the testing center.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make testing arrangements with the Student Success Center.
How to Fill out This Form
- Please complete all sections of the Alternate Testing Pass Form. Omissions may result in the student being unable to begin the test until you have been contacted for clarification.
- Test Deadline: Indicate the date and time by which the test must be completed.
- Materials the student is allowed to use: Please include all items the student may utilize. If an item is not specified, the students will not be allowed to take it into the testing room.
- Delivery and Return Option: the Student Success Center is unable to pick up or deliver tests and will not return tests through campus mail service. You, the student, or a Citadel employee you designate may deliver and/or pick up tests. Tests may also be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Please be sure to sign and date the form at the bottom.
- An Alternative Testing Pass Form must accompany all tests and exams submitted to the testing center.
The Honor Code and Testing at the Student Success Center
- The Center is committed to enforcing the Citadel Honor Code. We take careful steps to ensure the integrity of the testing process in our office.
- Each student is monitored during testing and signs an Honor Code statement after each test, which will be included with the test when it is returned to you.
- You can help safeguard against Honor violations by sending tests to us in a sealed envelope. This is especially important if a student is delivering the test.
- We will be glad to assist you with testing arrangements for other students (i.e., a student who needs to make-up a test) if space is available.
- If you have any questions or concerns about these procedures, please feel free to contact us.