MAT Testing Center
Saturday, 19 Sep, 2020, 9:45am-11:00am**
Saturday, 24 Oct, 2020, 9:45am-11:00am**
Saturday, 21 Nov, 2020, 9:45am-11:00am**
Saturday, 12 Dec, 2020, 9:45am-11:00am**
MAT COVID-19 Protocol:
THE SAFETY OF STUDENTS AND MAT TEST CENTER STAFF IS THE CITADEL'S TOP PRIORITY.
To help ensure the protection of the test takers, our students, staff, and faculty, please read through the following protocol:
- When on campus a mask is to be worn at all times and a minimum of 6ft is to be maintained.
- We ask that you arrive at 9:45am and to please wait outside the testing center room - Bond 252. Your identification will then be checked and you will be shown to a sanitized and prepared testing station.
- Sanitizing wipes are available in the computer lab. We ask that you sanitize your work station after completing the test.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the computer lab.
- If you are experiencing any of the common COVID-19 symptoms or have been instructed to quarantine you may arrange for your test to be rescheduled to another date.
- In order to maintain social distancing standards, a maximum of 6 people will be allowed to sign up for the MAT.
The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is a high-level test of analytical ability that requires the solution of problems stated as analogies. The MAT consists of 120 partial analogies that you have 60 minutes to complete. The test measures your ability to recognize relationships between ideas, your fluency in the English language, and your general knowledge of the humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, and social sciences.
As a reasonably priced test*, $100, administered in 60 minutes, the MAT represents an excellent option for candidates applying to any of the hundreds of graduate programs that accept MAT scores for admission. For information about the test you can visit www.milleranalogies.com.
*Registration and payment of Test Fee MUST be completed at least two business days prior to the scheduled exam. Entry to the testing center will NOT be granted without prior registration and payment.
MAT examinees must provide two (2) forms of ID. One ID must be government issued and include both a photo and a signature. The second ID must include photo or signature.
- No cell phones permitted in the Testing Center.
- Examinees should arrive 30 minutes prior to appointment time.
- Examinees will be asked to remove all jewelry, coats, hoodies, and hats, as well as to empty their pockets.
- Examinees may not leave the building once testing has begun.
- All pencils and scratch paper, if allowed, will be provided.
The Citadel is located at 171 Moultrie Street, Charleston, SC 29409. Examinees may park in any open lot or visitor parking space.
Our MAT Testing Center is in Bond Hall Room 252. Bond Hall the second building on your left hand side as you enter the main gates of campus. Upon entering the building, take the main stairs. At the top of the stairs you will continue straight down the hall way. Room 252 is the first room on your right.