Applying to The Citadel Graduate College
Thank you for your interest in applying to The Citadel. Follow these steps to begin your Graduate or College Transfer Program Application.
1. Check the requirements and know the deadlines. Each degree and certificate program has its own admission requirements and deadlines. To review the requirements for your program of interest, please refer to the program page (Graduate Programs) (College Transfer Programs).
2. Create an account with us and begin your online application. If you are a first time applicant you will need to create an account. This account can be used to request information, submit an application, upload supplemental application documents, and register for events.
3. Submit your application. Graduate College and the College Transfer Program applications require a non-refundable fee of $40. You will be prompted to pay the fee once you have completed the online application.
4. Upload your supplemental documents into the application portal. Many programs require additional supplemental documents (such as a resume, writing sample, questionnaire, letter of intent, etc.). These can be uploaded directly into the application portal as .pdf files. This is recommended as the most efficient way to submit your documents. If you experience technical difficulty, you can also email any documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5a. Send your official transcripts (College Transfer Program applicants only). College Transfer Program applicants must provide official transcripts from each institution attended for transcript evaluation review.
5b. Send your official documents (Graduate College applicants only). Graduate College applicants must provide official transcripts from each institution attended (bachelor's degree conferred and higher coursework) and official test scores. All official documents must be sent directly from the issuing college/university/testing agency, with no student interference, to be considered official. Transcripts and test scores sent in from the student are unofficial.
Official documents should be sent directly to The Graduate College and must be sealed and stamped by the issuing institution.
Send Transcripts to:
The Citadel Graduate College
171 Moultrie Street
Charleston, SC 29409
or via certified electronic submission to email@example.com.
6. Register for a graduate admissions test (if required). Many of our Master's and Ed.S programs require a graduate admissions test score. This score is not required for graduate certificate programs. Acceptance of admissions tests vary by program. Check your program requirements before registering for an exam.
Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
The Citadel Campus, Charleston, SC
To register, call 843-953-5089 or email MATtesting@citadel.edu.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Ashley River Road, Charleston, SC
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
Pearson Professional Centers, North Charleston, SC
7. Check the status of your application materials. You may check the received status of your supplemental items by signing into the online application with your account information. At the bottom of your account home page, select the link to 'Submit supplemental items'. The status will be marked as 'Received' once it is processed by the admissions office. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing of all items received.
8. Await communication via email regarding your application status. You will receive communication via email once your application is complete and sent out review. Application review timelines vary by program. In general, you can expect to receive a decision within 5-10 business days. You will be notified via email as soon as your decision is ready. Admission decisions cannot be given out over the phone.
If admitted, Can I defer my application?
Students are allowed to defer their entry term for up to one year. In the event that you request a new entry term that is more than one year from your original entry term, you will need to re-apply and go through the admissions process. Students must follow the curriculum in the catalog for the new entry term for matters of academic policy and graduation requirements. To defer your entry term, please contact our office at 843-953-5089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.